Weâ€™ve been looking forward to the annual Personal Democracy Forum, and are proud to promote this yearâ€™s impressive two day lineup (June 5th-June 6th), which brings high-profile veterans together to explore emerging changes in the landscape of technology and governance.
Personal Democracy Media Co-founder and AskThem.io advisor, Micah Sifry, has assembled an all-star cast of speakers to shape the “Save the Internet | The Internet Saves” conversation. Our Net Freedom allies Tiffiniy Cheng & Holmes Wilson will open the conference and breakout sessions will follow touching on privacy & security policy, hashtag activism, online community organizing, and much more.
On Thursday, June 5, our very own David Moore will serve as a panelist on How the Web is Changing Local Politics, to discuss the webâ€™s potential to bolster local government engagement. You can live-stream the session here (to come).
Itâ€™s not too late to register! Visit this link to reserve your spot.
Ahead of the conference we have listed those PDF prominent speakers with verified Twitter accounts that you can target for public response.
Sign-on to the questions below or ask your own and weâ€™ll push for answers at the conference.
- Journalist Barton Gellman was one of many who published revelations on the U.S. governmentâ€™s electronic-surveillance practices.
-Find out about the latest blow to reportersâ€™ privilege...
- News Anchor Jonathan Betz recently joined Al Jazeera America and formerly led New Orleans’ WWL-TV’s coverage of Hurricane Katrina.
-Hear back on the challenges of government aid administration...
- Writer and Professor Clary Shirky has been documenting the evolving media landscape since 1996.
–What collaborative tools are needed to scale up online organizing?
- Producer and Editor Latoya Peterson runs the award winning blog Racialicious.com.
–Hear her thoughts on social media inclusion…
- President and CEO of the New America Foundation- Ann-Marie Slaughter also formerly served as the Director of Policy Planning for the U.S. State Department.
–Pick her brain on federal policy to relieve work-family conflict…
Questions, comments? Email email@example.com, @AskThemPPF on Twttr.